Monday, October 20, 2008

ART SHOW ADD


For the art show add I decided to use the robot with the “A” on his chest because the other robot was holding the AUTOMATONS sign. This seemed like it would create a problem as it would eat up space. So, the first thing I did was place the “A robot” on the page after setting it up. Then I decided that the words art show should be the biggest words on the page. The idea being that if this add were running in a town paper where most people know of the local school logo then having the robot at a decent size would call attention to the add and associate it with the school. Pretty strait forward. I used the same font for everything at first just to decide what information I wanted in the add then changed the fonts and sizes. Then I put the black boxes behind the date / time and name of the school. This helped group them and break up the sea of text that seemed to be drowning the add. Finally, I deleted the thumb from the robot. I thought it looked like a print flaw. As well, I had to change the robot to a lighter grey because when it printed, it came out really dark. Here ends the story.

1 comment:

donnamaenot said...

looks really good, text works well. and the model man is a great asset to your art theme