Monday, September 15, 2008


Panel one: I started with a picture of the dog that I took standing up. I wanted to see if I took a picture of the door from the floor and then married them if it would have an interesting effect. I then cut out the picture of the dog (using the magnetic lasso) and pasted it into the picture of the door. I was able to be a little more precise by holding down the option or shift key which let you select or deselect without loosing a lot of what you’ve selected. That’s confusing but I don’t know how else to describe it. I then used the paint tool to touch up the dog’s eyes, which had reflections of the flash. Playing around with the liquefy filter I made the edges of the of the door frame wobbly trying to give it a more panicked feel. Finally, my old friend Gaussian blur on the backround.

6 comments:

BlogBloke12 said...

at first i was confused but after you explained it, i liked the idea of the door being more from the dog's perspective and the intimidation of the door.

Kyunga said...

The effect here is interesting, but I feel that the dog should have a more solid ground. Maybe you could play with a more gradual blur as you move up the door. By the way, your dog is very cute!

Marshall said...

Where is Gaussia? I think that you are from Gaussia. Your peoples' blur style impresses me. Um, the dog peeing applied the diagonal rule in two ways: the dog going from top left to bottom right AND where the wall meets the sidewalk flows from bottom left to top right, leading my eye in that direction as well. Cool.

Amy said...

I'm just going to comment on this one about all of them. The cut out of the dog is really good and placing it in front of the door. It's almost like she's standing there! The crop is good on the second photo but the picture isn't very interesting . . . (Sorry). Third photo has a good cut out too.

rohr said...

It feels like a dream.

donnamaenot said...

Good job, I really like the dog peeing photo. The diagonal rule is really a highlight for me!