Monday, September 8, 2008

photoshop doodle

This is a picture of my neighbor Amy. Basically I followed instructions on the assignment. We took a picture on a digital camera and opened it in photoshop. I used the magnetic lasso tool to select the background and then applied a gausian blur. I don't really know the difference between a gausian blur and a regular blur, but the gausian blur seemed to make more sense to me somehow. Or more to the point, achieve the effect i wanted. We were then instructed to use the tools in the toolbar and experiment. I originally gave Amy big eyebrows. She in turn turned me into a drag queen that had gotten beaten up. I used the dodge tool on her lips which seemed to smear the image as if you were running your fingers through paint. (I like that tool.) Then I used the smudge tool on her eyes which made her look like she had cataracts. Both those tools seem to have similar effects with slight differences. Photoshop is fun!

No comments: